Sometimes keeping it simple is the best solution. Especially when deadlines are tight. Here is a sample of something I just did for Monster Energy.
Kyle Busch Motorsports did a press conference/ announcement in a little different style. A number of X-Games athletes for Monster Energy were there doing some acrobatic tricks with their bikes and Monster wanted a highlight reel of the event.
The client asked for an opening shot that showed the Kyle Busch sign where the event was held and incorporate the motorcycle jumps. So why not put both on the screen. So we took a shot of the sign and then found a shot of one of the jumps that matched the angle as close as possible and combined them. Here is a quick rundown of how we did this one.
- I cut out the shot of the sign and positioned it.
- I found a clip of time lapse clouds to replace the clouds in the sky.
- I keyed out the Bike Jumper so that I had him and his bike as their own layer.
- I did a very quick eyeball track of the bike-jump shot so that I could map the camera move to the shot of the sign.
- Last is just a quick dissolve to bring in the ramp and crowd for the landing and viola! We have a shot to open with that has both the location sign and a jumper.